The firm provides all types of real estate-related legal advice, in particular in connection with acquisition/disposal and lease of real property, development, construction, property management, facility management, and real estate financing.
Our most in demand services include:
- Renting space:
- Advice on renting office, commercial, or industrial premises or buildings;
- On behalf of tenants and landlords, drafting and negotiating space leases in office buildings, ground leases, retail leases, and related documents, including preliminary agreements, parent guarantees, brokerage agreements, etc.;
- Restructuring of lease relations within groups of companies;
- Real estate acquisitions:
- Title check/legal due diligence of the property;
- Drafting and negotiating term sheets and contracts;
- Procurement of state registration of rights to real estate;
- Construction and development (greenfield and brownfield):
- Advice on various construction aspects;
- Drafting and negotiating design and construction contracts;
- Property management:
- Drafting and negotiating property management contracts;
- Creating a system of legal control over, and optimization of management of, remote assets.
Selected Real Estate and Construction matters:
- Participated in a complex best use analysis exercise of over 40 properties in Moscow owned by a major energy provider;
- Advising Jones Lang LaSalle on various matters relating to its commercial activity, including real estate acquisitions and lease, facility management, property management, project management (fit-out and construction), and compliance;
- Represented a private investor in acquisition of a share in a confectionery business in the Moscow region (including acquisition and mortgage of company shares, land plots, buildings, and incomplete construction);
- Represented a private investor in acquisition and subsequent reconstruction of a heritage building with the total area of over 3000 sq.m in Moscow;
- Represented Nikon in negotiations with the landlord in relation to the lease of approx. 2000 sq.m of office and service center premises in a newly developed Class A building in Moscow;
- Advised a real estate investment and development company on all Russian law aspects of its property projects, including due diligence, acquisition, development, management, and disposal of commercial real property in Moscow and St. Petersburg, secured refinancing of such property, and international private placement;
- Managed a full-scope legal due diligence of over 500 trade centers in central Russia for a leading international retailer;
- Represented a leading international real estate services company in drafting and negotiating the property management agreement in relation to one of the biggest shopping centers in St. Petersburg;
- Advised a leading Russian commercial bank on various debt financing transactions involving mortgage of all types of real property (including land, commercial property in various regions, and property under construction) and other real estate related security;
- Advised a major European manufacturer in the sale and leaseback of industrial buildings and associated long-term land lease.
Selected Legal Management Consulting projects:
- Managing internal legal function of a major international firm specializing in facility management services, which includes coordination of all legal matters related to company’s activity in Russia, Ukraine and Kazakhstan, as well as critical evaluation and perfection of the legal function.